Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Gidget For The Twenty-First Century

Dear 2007,

we're watching Gidget and wearing a parka inside because it's a chilly 38 degrees here in georgia. I'd like you to know that although Gidget isn't king-sized, her finger is ring-sized. 2007, have you noticed that most of what Gidget does is look wide-eyed at Moondoggy and say "yes?" whenever he pauses? That's maybe a tip we should pick up.

2007, you've made me a lot less sick than 2006 did at this point. Last year it was all "I want to throw up but can't wah wah" and "my toe has a dot on it!" What a baby. This year, we're all like "I may love watching Gidget, but there's a good chance I've got a tattoo and curse like a new york teenager" and "all these freedom writers trailers can kiss my black ass."

Let's watch even MORE tv this year, 2007. Does that sound like a plan? I need you to know that I've never thrown up milk. What I'm trying to say is that I've never gotten into like, a milk-drinking contest that ended with me throwing up all this milk everywhere. 2007, we're going to do a lot of tap dancing this year. Also, we'll get more sleep.

omg 2007 you have a crush on David Duchovny? I can't say I blame you.

I'm very pleased with your performance so far. We accidentally saw the sun rise through mary's living room window this morning, then we fished a beer can out of her pool with one of those pole-net things, then we ate a chicken sandwich on our way home, then we wrote a play whose ending is one big poopy (not literally) (oddly), then we saw Dreamgirls, ate at Chili's, and got coffee with Briana. 2007, you're a fun guy.

Who needs a rhyme to learn how to tie shoelaces? Not us, that's for sure. Your pet name will be Pants. You think that the hugo boss model named Lars has the most cut cheekbones you've ever seen? Well no offense, Pants, but you're only 1 days old. Though I do agree completely about the hugo boss thing you just said.

best of luck in all your future endeavors,
Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home