Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Becklectic Handbook

you know, I put in a lot of time and high-quality effort to write a hit play for you guys, and I see no comments. I mean, sure, it was more technologically minded than I planned, but you're on a computer anyway. Don't you feel like you saw something familiar? It's the 21st century, folks. Time to read technologically minded plays.

Here's what I wanted to tell you about since last we spoke:
1) Dermot Mulroney and Catherine Keener were married? For 17 years?!
2) I just got a roommate, so RIP sweet dingle.
3) She doesn't speak english.
4) I was the girl in a music video that we shot this weekend. This girl Kerri from my old job asked if I wanted to play a sunny-side-up egg mascot who runs away with a calculator mascot. I replied YESSSSSSSS
5) Here's my life at Conan:

0800: alarm goes off
0830: I take shower
0915: I get on the subway
1000: Get to work and read/distribute the Post, the Times, the Daily News, and USA Today; make copies of any article that pertains to an upcoming guest
1200: get lunch from the comm
1245: do the newspaper's cryptoquote puzzle with Sam or Josh or sometimes Sean (who mostly just saves them for me) (who, on his first day of work, told Conan a funnier line to say after a joke) (whom I got to be friends with before I knew about this)
1530: go to rehearsal and watch Conan act like a huge egotistical asshole (as a joke)
1900: wait for the staff to finish getting their goddamn food so I can pick over the leftovers of their $2000 catered dinner EVERY NIGHT EXCEPT FRIDAYS
2000: get home exhausted, do cool stuff until
2400: I really should get to sleep
0230: I actually get to sleep

that was in military time!

today I saw will arnett. that's the life, isn't it? seeing will arnett? chicken fingers...with CLUB SAUUUCE

6) one of the researchers (I'm a research intern) wanted to make a facebook profile

him: I'm making a facebook profile
other intern 1: cool!
other intern 2: friend me?
me: you can go ahead and kiss my butt before I ever friend you on facebook. That shit's incriminating.
him: (silent)
other intern 1: yeah, you're right
other intern 2: friend me?
FIN

I finally put together alison's birthday present!

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

i enjoyed your technology play, but I had to print it out and have someone calligraphy it for me so some of the references were lost. and a SERIOUSLY? to the dermot mulrony/catherine keener thing. Who knew before it was over?

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home