Monday, October 17, 2005

My Slow Descent Into Idiocy

It's happening. I'm getting dumber, and there's no stopping it.

I can't understand spoken Italian anymore, I don't have any grasp of film theory, the dumbest concepts of Contemporary Civilizations are waaaaayyy beyond me, I just don't read for Art Hum (plain and serious), and I can't remember what we're doing in Psych.

Here's what I do now instead of not-getting-dumber:
1) get dumber
2) listen to "la vie en rose" repeatedly
3) make lists of things I really should be doing
4) sigh
5) eat
6) drink
45) watch Arrested Development
200) not go to Art Hum
46) look at other people's facebook photo albums
9) call my mom
20) regret calling my mom
11) throw my phone down on the ground
32) consider doing sit-ups
13) nap (only on sundays, oddly)
4) pout
1) take showers in the afternoon
e) lock my door
17) cultivate a type of ESP for when someone's about to IM me
80) put my itunes in order of most-played, then listen only to the already-most-played

Here's my most-played list:
items 1-20
a) "Sea of Love" cat power
b) "Danny's Song" anne murray
c) "I Saw the Light" todd rundgren
d) "A Dream Goes on Forever" todd rundgren
e) "Evil" interpol
f) "Si Te Vas" shakira
g) "Can We Still Be Friends" todd rundgren
h) "You Guys Are My Best Friends" cartman
i) "You Can't Hurry Love" the concretes (not the version you're thinking of)
j) "Tenderness" general public
k) "Waiting for Somebody" paul westerberg
l) "Don't Get Me Wrong" the pretenders
m) "Only You" yazoo
n) "Laid" matt nathanson
o) "Lo Boob Oscillator" stereolab
p) "Listen to What the Man Said" wings
q) "Sara" antonello venditti
r) "Hazey Jane I" nick drake
s) "Hello, It's Me" todd rundgren
t) "Dig Me Out" sleater-kinney

yeah, I probably won't read that list, either. Frankly, I might not even remember how. To read.

Now I'm listening to "And Then He Kissed Me" by the Crystals because WHAT WOULD I GIVE to live Elizabeth Shue's life in Adventures in Babysitting?

Either that one or Madeline Kahn's real life. Those seem nice.

Oh My God I just remembered that Madeline Kahn is dead.

Now I can't write anymore

too sad

sigh

(and still a-getting dumber)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home