Saturday, October 08, 2005

I'm Writing This As I Talk To Mother Via Telephone

John Donne
Anne Donne
Undone.


Here is something I found out today whilst reading my Film textbook:

there's a cinematographic technique called "Traveling Matte" that works pretty much like a blue screen. It's what lets Superman fly and move around with a matte background behind him.
"But wait a minute," you cry! "Isn't Traveling Matt a character on 'Fraggle Rock?' Isn't he Gobo's uncle? The one that travels around 'outer space' to explore traffic lights and junk like that?"

Yes, yes he is.
And, might I add, he's usually superimposed on videos of busy thoroughfares using the Traveling Matte technique.

Jim Henson, you lovable scamp!


(I can't...I can't even DESCRIBE the way I feel about Jim Henson. It far exceeds my underdeveloped ability to use words. The feeling might not even be an emotion...and also I originally typed "be" "bee.")

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite entry.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home