Friday, December 24, 2004

Chuck WANTS IT

While discussing Paris Hilton and her potential to kill G_D, Mark writes:
"please bear in mind, by the way, that this blog entry is in no way an ironic chuck klosterman spin column from a year ago (i think that he has oirony at this point) [sic]."

Haha Take THAT, Chuck Klosterman! Furthermore, I continue to not enjoy contemporary Country music. Bad day for you, my friend. Yes indeed, it's a bad, ironic (?), wintery day for one sir Klosterman.

Anyway, on the Paris Discourse (see entry labeled "why paris hilton could kill god"), I feel too jumbled to know anything. I have reached a point where I no longer differentiate irony from sincerity. Everything is funny to me in that half-smirk way...is Paris funny because she is completely manipulating everything that today's media represents, or is she satan for taking advantage? Is it funny that the world has gotten this way, or is it impossibly disheartening? Am I happy that I can find ungrounded humor in the absurd world around me, or am I dejected because I hardly inhabit it at this point? Too much to think about for now...way too much. Forget paris (ha-ha) vs. G_D - this conflict of perspective has the potential to kill me. Look under the "here we go!" entry in Josh's blog to read more on this topic...if you feel like it.

There was something else...what did I want to talk about?
Ah yes, I'M HOME NOW!

Home! I'm at home! Break is here! Hopefully I'll realize it's Christmastime before tomorrow.

PS I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, Chuck Klosterman. It's just that...Mark did have a point. You would totally write this essay. If you already haven't, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home