Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Jimmy Durante Was Right

Q: How did going home turn into some sort of death march?
A: How the hell should I know?
Q: You just answered my question with another question.
A: And what you just said wasn't a question.

Starting Over
(imagine Jimmy Durante singing "Did You Ever Get The Feeling That You Wanted To Go?")
Q: What are you doing tomorrow?
A: Flying home. Away from school.
Q: Ahh, away from school. Are you looking forward to leaving?
A: Well, to be frank, there's something in my body that is imploring me to stay. I think it's in the gut-region. It says "Please please pleeease stay here! Play in the snow! Spend some leisurely days with your college friends in this crazy city. We haven't been able to relax together since Orientation. Why are you leaving just when work is letting up?"
Q: Wow. What are you going to say to your gut?
A: I'm thinking I'll remind it how much I love life in Norcross. I'll tell it that I get to see my friends a lot and relax and sleep and drive wherever I please.
Q: But do you hear the song that just came on your iTunes?
A: Yes, yes I do. It's "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas," the Bing Crosby version. Don forced me to listen to this about thirty times a day since the 10th.
Q: And it draws you back into your gut, doesn't it?
A: Oh man. Now I'm sad again.
Q: How are we going to deal with Christmas coming so soon?
A: I have no idea. (No tengo ninguna idea)
Q: And what about that Missouri road trip?!
A: Let's stop talking. I just want to lie in my dorm bed and try not to look at my way-too-heavy luggage.

Wow - my most depressing entry to date.

Why didn't it snow sooner? Why take this road trip so very soon after Christmas? Will my cell phone work in Missouri? How am I going to deal with summer break?

We've got tonight - who needs tomorrow? We've got tonight. Why don't you stay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home