Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Gates In Central Park

On the cab ride to dinner tonight, the taxi driver asked me why I thought women didn't want to marry cab drivers. He asked me this after talking nonstop for twenty minutes in a language I couldn't recognize.

Cabbie: talking other language other language blah blah twenty minutes Hey you tell me why women don't wnaoiadffmmmmivers?

Me: I'm sorry?

Cabbie: Tell me why you think women dommmatticdrivers?

Me: Why women don't like dramatic drivers?

Cabbie: Why. women. don't. want. to. marry. taxi. drivers.

Me: Thinking Geez, I have no idea.

Cabbie: She says I'm not home enough! I'm home all the time! I get home, I don't go anywhere, I stay with my family. I stayed home with my wife for thirty years until she dies, and now I can't find a woman because they all say drivers are away all the time-

Me: Yeah maybe that's it-

Cabbie: And then all the women say they can't find a good man but all I want to do is find a good woman-

Me: I guess it's hard for everybody. And sometimes it's just hard to realize that.

Cabbie: Yeah well I guess so.

Me: Can you make a turn here and drop me off? Thanks.

fin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home