Saturday, February 05, 2005

The Brief Recap

I get the feeling that I need to recap the songs that I've listened to MANY TIMES OVER this week. Why? Because you need to know what I've been obsessed with. Especially today. I'll start the recap list with the song I've been obsessed with today:

1) "Evil" by Interpol. If you guys have iTunes, I'd suggest that you watch the music video for this song in the Music Store. If not, maybe google can help out. There's this creepy puppet guy singing the song after a car crash, which sounds sinister yet somehow isn't that creepy. So I started by watching the video like four times, and now I listen to the song about five times an hour. Usually consecutively. Because it's amazing and it forces me to shake my head around and stand up and stomp my feet and go crazy.

2) "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani. Meh whatever. It's enjoyable and I love singing along when she says "oooh it's my shit, it's my shit." Nowhere even close to the "Evil" fixation. It's good shit, though. It's my shit.

3) "Danny's Song" sung by Anne Murray. Lordy I was crazy for this one for like a full week. I've gotten my voice to match Anne's masterful harmonies, I think. Yeah it's p-r-e-t-t-y sweet.

4) "When It's Over" by Loverboy. Mostly I listened to this one so many times because it brings to mind so vividly that scene from Wet Hot American Summer when Katie sees how cool Coop has become and Andy does the most amazing double-take of all film history. You've all heard the song, whether you think so or not.

5) "This Guy's In Love With You" by Herb Alpert. Yadda yadda I've talked enough about this one. Yet I reiterate: I love this song and it loves me back, sweetly and simply. It does.

6) "I Only Have Eyes For You" by the Flamingos (I think). All those times it played on Fox 97, I never realized how good it was. Someday I'll put this in a movie or something.

Also, if I ever do make a movie, I'm pretty sure I'll start the opening credits with "Son of a Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield. Because wouldn't you love to sit down in a theatre and have that song be the first thing you hear? You'd KNOW that you were in for a good time. You'd just KNOW.

So what I'm saying here is that I saw Jared the Subway Guy AND, if possible, you should find a way to listen to "Evil" by Interpol. It's off the album Antics. It's frantic.

"Buddha Stalin is chronic!
Buddha Stalin's got the skills to pay the bills!"
-Jerri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home