Wednesday, March 01, 2006

How Many Times Can I Listen To "St. Elmo's Fire" In One Day?

so many times.

Here's an amazing progression of songs that just sort of happened on itunes:

1) I think I need a new heart (magnetic fields)
2) these eyes (three dog night)
3) psycho killer (talking heads)
4) mmm mmm mmm (crash test dummies)
5) walk the dinosaur (was (not was))
6) baby i'm'a want you (bread)
7) if (bread)
8) bad boys (gloria estefan) (aka the theme from three men and a baby)
9) it must have been love (roxanne)
10) st. elmo's fire (john parr)
11) don't you forget about me (simple minds)
12) you get what you give (new radicals)
13) the passenger (iggy pop)

how did that happen?! That's the order I downloaded them, I guess.


Oh, and about that film paper- DONE. It's called (I'm not proud of the title) "A camera made them laugh" and it has to do with how camera-as-narrator made these two screwball comedies (to be or not to be and sullivan's travels) a lot funnier and more solid as comedies.

Why were they more solid as comedies? The cut. The cut and the pan. The cut and the pan and the frame. The frame fits into the pan, I guess. And it also fits in the cut. Forget it, just forget it. Especially forget the title. It's 3:15 and last time I looked it was only 3 am, which is alarming because I thought I looked at the clock one minute ago instead of fifteen minutes ago.

Ok well see you in march. Oh nuts it's already here. I think I might be an American Studies concentration. It blends my favorite things and I'm already half-done. Suck it, major declaration period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home