Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Drums

I'd like to know how to play the drums.

And while I'm wishing for things, I'd like this cough drop not to have a gross liquid center right now. Furthermore, I'd like it not to have slithered down my throat before I was ready.

We got tested on causative verbs in italian today, which is when you say something like, "I had my friend buy the car."
Causative verbs happen to be in the fashion-vocabulary chapter of the book, so all the examples are like "my mom lets me wear only versace" and "have a tailor hem your fur coat."

Here's my favorite example:
"Non si è più vestita bene dopo il divorzio. Si è lasciata andare."
which means
"She didn't dress well anymore after the divorce. She let herself go."

And if I know you as well as I think I know you, you probably want a pronunciation key so you can go around saying "she let herself go" in italian.
(See eh lah-SHA-ta an-DAR-eh) (and you say "eh" like when you say the letter "A" in english) (and you kind of make "lasciata andare" into one long word)

LET THE CHILDREN DRESS THEMSELVES AS THEY PLEASE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home