Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm From Barcelona Is What The Polyphonic Spree Should Have Been And Maybe Was At First

I'm so serious. I'm much happier with I'm From Barcelona. Light & Day was cool and everything, especially in that vw commercial, but basically every song I hear from I'm from Barcelona makes me very, very happy.

Check this one out, for instance: listen to "britney," which plays automatically

THEY DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT YOU!
I'M GONNA GET A TATTOO
'CAUSE GIRL I WANT TO LOOK LIKE YOU!

got to:
a) take a shower
b) think about and enjoy the fact that I'm wearing cowboy boots
c) balance this charger-top on this upright blue pen!! CHECK
d) finish the following books:
i) 1919
ii) long day's journey into night
which are from my claybaugh class
e) somehow get my friends to plan new trips to their tristate area vacation-perfect homes, since I missed both that happened this week
f) edit the video I made with josh yesterday, wherein we play two young urban professionals on a date and josh ends up splashing my face with a lot of water because my food was too hot!
g) sell four books online (The Rise of Silas Lapham, The Te of Piglet, Christianity & Culture, and Sister Carrie.)
h) give them to you for free if you want them, since we're friends and all. How could I charge you for a book?
i) though I will say that one of them is a Norton Critical Edition, which is pretty high-class, if you ask anyone in the literary world.
j) pick up my netflix
k) start working at conan again, after a two-week hiatus
l) call mark krotov because it's been too long
m) buy josh ice cream because I lost a bet. Did you know that "I am the very model of a modern major general" is from Pirates of Penzance, not HMS Pinafore? He did.

Grasshopper cookies by the keebler elves taste just like thin mints and look like them, too!

2 Comments:

Blogger erin siobhan said...

as soon as tom saw that taboo card, he shouted BECKY WOULD KNOW THIS. also, it occurred to me that you may not know that I read your blog. which says that I'm a little creepy. but, I must give taboo credit where it is justly due.

9:54 PM  
Blogger kat said...

i did know the pirate of penzance reference, which happens to be a huge coincidence because I know it from watching Mad About You-- when Paul's dad sings those lines and right now what am I watching that I haven't watched in years but, MAD ABOUT YOU!! Ahhhh coincidences!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home