Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Best "Best Of 2007 List" Of 2007

YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!

Becklectic's Best of 2007 (thoroughly researched and arduously compiled by a crack team of me)

1) BEST CAR OF 2007: GABE KOTTER, my camry!! With 170,000 miles of experience and sleek panther black exterior, Gabe remains the greatest car of 2007. Concartulations, Gabe!!

2) BEST MUG of 2007: an unprecedented three-way tie among (a) "USA 1992 Dream Team" (extra tall), (b) "Mother Telling Daughter 'Your Ship Will Come In,'" and (c) "The $8 Mug I Bought Where A Sailor's Undies Disappear When There's Hot Water Inside The Mug" (rest in peace)

3) BEST TV SHOW I NEVER WATCHED UNTIL THIS YEAR: How I Met your Mother! This ess is hilarious.

4) BEST INTERNET SHOW I DITTO DITTO: Clark & Michael, the travails of Clark Duke and Michael Cera.

5) BEST MARATHON OF TODAY (30 December 2007): SVU on usa, obviously

6) BEST NAP: the one I had a few days ago, which was like 4 hours no joke. That's the best one I can remember, but to be fair, my memory only goes back like, a week at most (note all the other winners)

90) BEST FORT OF 2007: the one under my bed at school! It has bookshelves, a clip-on lamp, and a very small tv that I haven't plugged in yet. It's a very, very old tv.

3g) BEST TALENT ACQUIRED: tap dancing!! (enfin)

3h) BEST PREDICTED SIGNIFICANT DATES OF 2007:
February 4th: The Superbowl?
April 17th: had a case of Cat Scratch Fever
May 25th: not recorded. Can only assume it was one of my last days at LostPlanet.
June 1st: also not recorded. Am getting suspicious.
August 20th: considered Raven's potential use of body-double, remembered the time I met Michael Cera
September 13th: my bidet! Also Rosh Hashanah.
November 30th: again, don't even know.
December 10th: omg XMAS2! What a fortune teller I am (or was in January)

iii) BEST EPISODE OF "Late Night with Conan O'Brien": the one with John Krasinski, where I (I!) played an extra who loved Lyle Lovett. IMDB PROFILE PENDING.

10) BEST DETECTIVE WORK OF 2007: Mine, when I just figured out where I recognize this girl who's an abusive mom on SVI from (the angry gay daughter from First Wives Club!


*INTERJECTION (the best one of 2007):
I just read all of becklectic's 2007 posts. November, how sparse were you?!!! RIGHT?!! Take my wife, please.

13) BEST MONTHS OF ROMANCE: March, April, May

15) BEST VERY EXPENSIVE RESTAURANT I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GO TO: WD50 (they had pizza pebbles!!!!)

14) BEST MOVIE EXPERIENCE: Would have been Harry Potter, but the bulb blew out in the theater and we had to sit there, listening to the final fight scene without seeing it for twenty minutes before they had all 300 of us exit the theater and collect free-movie-passes. We snuck into another theater and watched the rest. Everyone whisper-yelled at us. We had to sit in the front row.

13) BEST MOVIE OF YESTERDAY: Juno. Disregarding the I'm-So-Hip dialogue and complete over-quirkiness of the main character, I super liked everything else about this movie. BECKLECTIC SEAL OF APPROVAL: GO-SEE-UM!

1) BEST INTERNSHIP OF 2007: this one's a toss-up.

-Conan was supposed to be awesome, yet its reality was only about 60% awesome. And you've got a staff made of assholes, totally stupid and inefficient office procedures, and over-hiring for the purpose of kissing bank CEOs' asses to thank for that. At the same time, I got to see Conan walk around the office sometimes, which was worth it all. He's a genius. Also I was there for the entire Quackers the Shit Eating Duck fiasco, so I feel pretty lucky. Also my friend Grace works there, which made everything much much better.

-Lost Planet sucked my wiener but did pay me $10 an hour. Plus it was in SoHo, which is cool. So there's that. Also I just found out my old boss just got fired, so I guess the Becky-can-always-come-back-and-make-some-money policy got fired with her. NUTS!

908) To be honest with you diane, I haven't been paying attention to the last one and a half episodes of SVU. But what else would I be watching on a sunday afternoon?
BEST DVD PICKED UP OF 2007: How I Met Your Mother, season 2. $19.99 at target. WHAT A FREAKING DEAL!!!

75) BEST DRINK OF 2007: coffee (I guess)

78) BEST MUSIC VIDEO OF 2007: the one I was in! (Petra Haden's cover of "Don't Stop Believin'")

76) BEST READERSHIP OF ALL TIME: wait, let me think...

this is a little tough for me because I just don't know how to...

could it be...

no, that's not it.

Wait, yes it...


IT'S YOU GUYS!!! HAPPY 2007, EVERYBODY!

Thanks for reading!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEST SISTER OF 2007: Becky!
ALSO: Shalom!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home