Thursday, December 30, 2004

How My Brother Almost Started A Riot In The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Center

Today I toured the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Center with my brother, my two cousins, and my uncle, whose name is Tom. Together, we:
1) saw many Civil Rights Era memorabilia
2) saw more memorabilia
and 3) watched a movie about the Civil Rights Era and its assorted memorabilia.

Five minutes before the movie started, my brother tried to round all of us up to get good seats in the mini-auditorium. My cousins and I heard him right away, but Matt had to yell to get my uncle's attention. He saw him, cupped his hands around his mouth, and - in the middle of the MLK center - nearly yelled "UNCLE TOM!" before he thought better of it. Man oh man, would that have been a fun afternoon. Let's go around Atlanta, calling out "Uncle Tom" at every civil rights venue we can find!

Then we ate lasagna for dinner and I inherited two very large button-down shirts from my Uncle David. No racial slurs there. Nope, just two old-fashioned smocks.

And boy, do I hate them dirty, thieving smocks.

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

umm that was really funny about your brother and the inflammatory comment.

yeah i don't know about the whole wesleyan party either. the one that i went to the other night at emily's seemed like quite enough for me. i don't know what to do. Amanda's sounds good to me.

Perhaps I will make a lasagna in the new year because that sounds really good.

i hope the very large shirts are flannel for your sake because you seem to really get a kick out of flannel buttondowns. don't say i'm wrong. haha

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home