Friday, December 24, 2004

You're My Little Cup-Caker

How about another entry? Just remember to read the one right below this one. I just posted it.

Becky's Pretentious List of 2004 Items, Created Because She Thought, "Eh, Why Not?"

1) hmmm It was so funny that time I turned around because I thought Don was throwing something at me and I ended up running right into a door! My head hurt so bad that I had to crumple to the ground. I was laughing, though. It was a good fall.
2) I like this new laptop of mine. It's an iBook. I do not, however, like the gross palm-sweat marks on it. I guess I sweat too much or something.
3) Don't think I'm gross. don't stop reading. Please
4) Oh yeah - I saw Eternal Sunshine and I am so glad that I did. It made me cry in a way that I haven't cried (because of a movie) in a while. Though I will admit that I cry at a lot of movies. I'm easily manipulated. But this movie made me weep. I stood in my dorm room with the lights off and couldn't do anything but cry. Best Cry of 2004.
5) High School Diploma. This certainly makes me feel young. Or old. Which is it?
6) Bloggy, of course! Best blog I've ever created. And I mean it, Bloggy. It's you and me...forever.
7) Got a sweater with a dickie in it. It looks like a white t-shirt under a black sweater, but really, it's just the collar of the t-shirt! Best Dickie of 2004.
8) Met David Sedaris! Best Celebrity of 2004.
9) First job - Coldstone Creamery. Good ice cream, small paycheck, increased pant-size. Do you hear what I'm saying? I'm saying that the ice cream was good, so I ate a lot of it, but I didn't make that much money. And I got fatter.
10) Best Award of 2004 - Best Sportsmanship of every team at the Georgia Academic Quiz Bowl Championship.
11) Got into Columbia!!
12) Had a really long apocalyptic dream...see "there will be skunks, not roaches" for more details
13) hmm what else was great about 2004? All my old friends from Wesleyan, all my new friends at Columbia, all the made-up friends from Honduras...no wait. There was only one made-up one. Stupid, stupid Chutnie. She's not the best at anything. Not even at being the crappiest person alive. Well, maybe she's best at that. Chutnie = Crappiest Person of 2004. Boy, does she stink. Her magical powers include: (1)Can shrink down to pocket-size and (2)Doesn't use deodorant.
14) Seriously, Chutnie sucks.
15) A Sudden Thought: It has been over a year since I saw Belle & Sebastian! Wow, that's a long, long time. I love them so. Sometimes I can't understand how much I love them. I bought some of their luggage tags online and they came in the mail yesterday. Best Concert of 2003: Belle & Sebastian.
16) Best Concert of 2004: Seeing JOURNEY at Music Midtown in Atlanta. Lordy I love that Journey. But in a completely different way from how I love Belle & Sebastian.
17) This list: Best "Best of 2004" List of 2004!

This list is amazing! You are amazing! Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home