Saturday, January 01, 2005

In Your Head (Zo-ombie), Sang The Irish Woman Stridently

Ahhhh 2005. You are now 2005. "You" meaning this year.

It is strange for you to be 2005 because the farthest into the future I ever imagined was 2004 (the year of my high school graduation). So now it's like I'm living in the distant future. The future of the future. Why are you 2005?

I read Katherine's blog and I thought everyone should know that I also got a red knit cap so I could be a member of Team Zissou. It is interesting to note that we bought these hats completely independently of each other. In fact, I got my red cap at 7 am last Sunday with my roadtripping family in some North Georgia gas station.

I forgot to eat Hoppin' John tonight. I forgot to hold a dollar in my hand at midnight last night. This is going to be a memorable year. Or not.

I actually have big plans for you, 2005. I like even numbers (everyone does), but numbers that end in 5 are just as good in my eyes. So divisible, so neat. So metric. I like fives more than tens! That's saying a lot. So this year, being a number ending in five, will be thoroughly enjoyed (in theory) by me, Becky.

I went to the big Underground Atlanta Peach Drop last night. Beer spilled all over me and people yelled at us for walking on the bushes. I can see where they were coming from, but seriously - that yelling really brought down our New Year's Eve spirit. Don't worry; we got the spirit back. Sort of.

Tonight I'm going to watch Saturday Night Live for the first time in like five months.

I saw Finding Neverland this afternoon. I catch a lot of matinees. I think we all know why.

HAPPY STINKING NEW YEAR!! GOOD LUCK, 2005!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home