Saturday, February 19, 2005

I'm Glad That We're Not Arguing Anymore

One morning not too long ago, I left my dorm and walked outside listening to the theme from "Doogie Howser, MD."
(highly suggested)
ACTUALLY, that was the song I was listening to the first time I saw Julia Stiles.
Who cares about real-life stars when you've got memories of NPH dancing in your head?

For Amanda:
Shall We Pants, a never-ending breakfast one-act

Amanda sits in her room atop her 8-ft-high lofted bunk bed. She lowers her foot three feet down from the bed, pulls it back up, tries again, and then frets for a while.

Amanda: worriedly, fretting ehhhh hhhhhh uhhhh I....can't....get....down

Cristy: groans as she crawls down hall to Amanda's room

Amanda: flies out of bed, floats down to floor Cristy is that you?! Let's go eat some lunch, you dirty ho!

Cristy: arrives in room, groaning I...caaaaan't....aughghhh

Amanda: What the hell is it this time?! I'm hungry!

Cristy: I just can't, okay?

Dana: angrilyYou people-

Amanda: Oh, is it...that?

Cristy: visibly upset ...Yes! Look, I have to go, ok?!

Dana: anger has turned into passion-make me want to la-la-

Cristy runs out of the room and trips at the threshold, falling flat on her face. She lies there, motionless, for duration.

Dana: vanishes

Amanda: Better call Becky...
picks up phone, dials number, waits patiently
Hey it's Amanda!
No...Amanda MENG.
wait wait stop Becky: A) I'm sure you know some asian Amandas, and B) I'm of Germanic descent. It's Amanda from high school, remember? At Georgia Tech now? "She was a Big Wohman?" Remember?
Yeah that's the one!
Oh nothing, just wanted see what's up.
My day? It's been fine. I wanted to go to lunch, but Cristy didn't feel well because she had a sausage for breakfast this morning.
That's right, she had a sausage so she doesn't feel well.
Well I'm sorry you feel that way.
click

Becky: in New York, hanging upside-down on a jungle gym on some playground Well THAT was weird.

Cristy: in Atlanta. Stomach rumbles from sausage

fin


Yeah I can theoretically do better, but I needed to get it out there for an old friend.
Earth Girl, this one's for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

becky i freaking freaking love this play. can i put it in the Tech Lit Mag? Ok, great thanks. yay for becky's plays, my favorite plays- that was a song i just sang cuz i made it up. some day i will sing it for you and we can right the notes to it and you can play your piano and guitar at the same time and i can play the harmonica and we can harmonize. how bout this summer some time? ok great. good. thanks!!!!

6:52 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

yaya, becky! i came back to read it again and i love it again. hahahahahaha!! you're the coolest/best/awesomest/most best playwrite. sp?

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home