Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Thoughts Upon Celebrities In General

They're neat I guess.
Here are the famous people I have seen today:
1) Julia Stiles again (on the way to class)
2) Brian McCann (the writer who does "Preparation H Raymond") (who looked right at me for minutes on end during audience warm-up)
3) Max Weinberg & Max Weinberg Seven (including La Bamba and Pender)
4) CONAN O'BRIEN (I flipped out...he came out to that Elvis entry music and I flipped a shit and screamed the way I scream on a roller coaster when I can't stop screaming)
5) Tom Selleck (mustachioed, just turned 60) (you'll find this out later) (watch the show)
6) Jamie Kennedy
DID I SAY CONAN O'BRIEN?
7) Kenny (vomit) Chesney (hardly a celebrity)
8) Robert Smigel!!! (who (after the show) showed the audience this "Access Hollywood" clip with Triumph and Billy Bush getting ready for the Grammys that "Access Hollywood" never used)


I can't believe I actually went to Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I'm still going crazy. I had to pee throughout the whole taping. The set is so much smaller than you'd think. Seriously, try to imagine how much smaller it is in real life than on tv, and then let your imagination get dashed to the ground when I tell you it was much smaller than that.

I'm so surprised nothing went wrong - we took all the right trains, stood in all the right lines, had no security hold-ups, blah blah blah I can't believe I was fifty feet away from CONAN O'BRIEN
I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Tomorrow I'm calling to book some more tickets. I wonder if you can book tickets while you still have tickets on reserve. I'm also making big plans to go see Letterman, The Daily Show, Regis & Kelly Lee, and whatever-the-hell-else tapes in New York.

CONAN O'BRIEN! I SAW HIM! HE WAVED TO PEOPLE IN FRONT OF ME! He didn't see me at all.

Poor Jamie Kennedy told this awful anecdote about some english chap in Australia who was always around. You could feel the unfunniness all throughout the studio...it was like a car crash. Look for his dumb yellow shoes.

Also look for the Eisenhower mug on the edge of Conan's desk. I thought that meant they were doing another entry in the Eisenhower Mug Diary, but no - no it didn't mean that.

PS Don't even try to look for me in the audience - I don't think they panned us at all. Maybe they caught some of the people sitting right behind the band...
but I'll tell you what I was wearing just in case...a navy blue cardigan with spaced-out horizontal stripes, each one descending chromatically (according to the rainbow) and a white t-shirt underneath. And you all know of my hair and face. Still have brown hair. Face Lift settling nicely. Black eye not healed up as nicely as I would have liked. Mustache sort of stubby. Should have shaved.

I love Tom Selleck and I couldn't see Joel in his booth and I feel pretty damn good about Robert Smigel...
but
most
of
all
I
love
love
love
CONAN O'BRIEN.

CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN CONAN O'BRIEN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home