Wednesday, April 13, 2005

These Hats Is Nuts!

Coke Is It! shirt today

Don is driving me nuts

"'But what, what can be done, then?' Sonya repeated, weeping hysterically and wringing her hands.
'What can be done? Smash what needs to be smashed, once and for all, and that's it--and take the suffering upon ourselves! What? You don't understand? You'll understand later...Freedom and power, but above all, power!'"

It's from Crime & Punishment. You know the deal.
Smash what needs to be smashed.

Walt is doing well. Yester-eve Katherine suggested the name Eliot. Eliot seems planty to me, so I might go on down to the courthouse and see about legally changing Walt's name. We'll see.

Milo?
No, that's reserved for a potential future child.
Maybe.

How about a name that isn't a name, or how about some surname?
Mark told Taylor that I referred to her as his "bitch girlfriend" this morning, and - though I said it jokingly at the time - when Taylor brought it up it this afternoon, I felt vaguely uncomfortable about the whole thing. It was a joke - just because Mark's bitch girlfriend is a ho-bag doesn't mean that Walt/Eliot or I should suffer.
All jokes, all in jest.

What smells so bad outside? Walt, was that you?
That's just its way of asking me to read more Whitman to it.

Okay, Walt...Eliot.
Beginning My Studies
Beginning my studies the first step pleas'd me so much,
The mere face consciousness, these forms, the power of motion,
The least insect or animal, the senses, eyesight, love,
The first step I say awed me and pleas'd me so much,
I have hardly gone and hardly wish'd to go any farther,
But stop and loiter all the time to sing it in ecstatic songs.

(by Whitman, cite cite cite, don't sue me, not that anyone would, end)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home