Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm Will Arnett And I Don't Really Laugh That Much At Asssscat 3000

I'm becky abrams and I know that Will Arnett doesn't really laugh that much at Asssscat 3000 BECAUSE I WAS STANDING THREE FEET AWAY FROM HIM THE WHOLE TIME TONIGHT!

WHAT?!

Colin and I went with Derickson to an improv show at the Magnet Theater on 28th. THEN we realized that we were very close to the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, so we decided to try to get into Asssscat late. When we were walking over there, I told Derickson that if I saw Will Arnett, I'd pee my pants-

then, seconds later:
Me: oh my god that's Will Arnett smoking a cigarette outside the UCB theatre.

OH JEEZ.
Then we went in and onstage were:
Amy Poehler
Matt Walsh
Seth Meyers
Horatio Sanz
the Conan writer with the dark buzzcut
some woman
Brian Huskey (from Best Week Ever)
and the guy who has something big to do with The Onion (he didn't improv - he was the monologue guy)

During the break, Will Arnett came in from outside and sat on a bench three feet away from me. I couldn't see him without actually turning my head toward him, but I could tell out of my peripheral vision when he was laughing/asking the woman next to him for gum. Very little laughing. Apparently he grew up speaking french. That's difficult for me to accept.

So basically tonight was the COOLEST and I'm going back to asssscat whenever I have the chance. Because this is just ridiculous.

Walking past Will Arnett on the sidewalk without saying anything to him or looking at him prolongedly or peeing your pants is more of a challenge than you'd think.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary "trash biscuit" Stephenson said...

Not peeing your pants in general is a pretty big challenge...you're such a badass and my hero
holla at a playa

9:31 AM  
Blogger kat said...

i also find that very difficult to swallow. french really? I mean I guess I can understand it, I just don't want to.

1:24 AM  
Blogger cal cal said...

becky how are you doing?! it's been so long...

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home