Sunday, October 30, 2005

I Tucked My Shirt Into My Pants For Dinner Tonight

becky abrams, Your ideal job is a Cowboy.

Big weekend-hocus pocus is extremely difficult to get on netflix these days-I'm suddenly smelling chocolate in my room-Grandma Bobbie took me, Matt, and cousin Ali to dinner tonight-I had a large steak-half of it is waiting for me in my fridge-maybe I'm the greatest american hero-what if I only wrote entries like this from now on-my pulse hurts-john b. sebastian equals my entire life.


What if I can't find you when I have landed? Would you leave me here to die, on the shore stranded?
This is from a Savuka and Johnny Clegg song called "Dela," which is one of the more amazing songs I know.

All other songs should BE so lucky!



And for Katherine, on the eve of getting her wisdom teeth out:

"Katherine's Wisdom Teeth, In Memoriam"

When we first met,
oh katherine's extraneous teeth,
I knew that I would hate you.

You had that look in your eye,
that look-
in your eyeteeth-
that seemed to say "I'm gonna kill you"

But who's getting killed now, bitch?
Say goodnight, teeth.
AND EAT KATHERINE'S DUST.


I hope Katherine likes it. I should've written it earlier
so I could've paid someone to set it to music
so she could listen to it while getting the teeth taken out.

I get the feeling she gets what it's about.

1 Comments:

Blogger cal cal said...

I heart Hocus Pocus. I think you should buy it instead of NetFlix.

What's going on for Halloween in good ol' NYC?

Lily got her first I heart NY shirt from my dad. I'll send you a picture of it soon haha.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home