Thursday, February 02, 2006

But Punxsutawney Phil Always Sees His Shadow!

I love it when people say that.
I love it when it's GROUNDHOG DAY!
also, I love the movie GROUNDHOG DAY!

Today in cc we were reading Kant's Grounding for the Metaphysics of Morals, and also it's Groundhog Day, so I commented that they both have "ground" in the title and I think it was a worthy contribution to class. Basically, it let people know that it's categorically imperative to laugh when I say funny things. That's right. Categorically Imperative.

Here's how you say "grounding" in German:
grundlegung.

Here's how you say "conformity to law":
gesetzmässigkeit.

Here's how you say "use of reason":
vernunftgebrauch.

the glossary at the end of this book is amazoid. In other words, it has much wert (which means value).

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!
(potentially the best holiday of the entire year)

2 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

I'm beginning to think groundhog day is my favorite holiday. very noncommital.

but today when I woke up the tv pretended it wasn't groundhog day so you know that pissed me off.

and i didn't know about the vick's!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Mary "trash biscuit" Stephenson said...

It's going to be an early spring I hear...I miss being in classes with you because when you make funny comments I would laugh and then Shah would have his outbusts
"Shut up, FOUR! Read your book!"

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home