Tuesday, November 07, 2006

John Updike Always Sayin' Trust Me!

I could go do a personality study at the Behavioral Research Lab, but I would really rather go out clothes-shopping. I've already been food-shopping today because I had to get things to make my suitemate Ryan's birthday cake out of.

you: What kind of cake was it?
me: a Pancake Cake!

you: this might sound dumb, but what's a Pancake Cake?
me: Au contraire, it doesn't sound dumb because I made it up a few days ago. You see, what I did was I took the fact that pancakes are just cakes made in a pan instead of the oven, and then I took that fact and turned it into several layers of one cake with nutella in between. It looks like a short stack, only it's not short at all and the pancakes are cake-sized, not silver-dollar-sized. I was planning on putting a lot of maple syrup on it as frosting, or maybe mixing maple syrup into powdered sugar for a glaze, but my suitemate Amanda said just to use nutella.

you: so you did?
me: so I did.

you: and you're about to take your second trip out for the day? What about school?
me: FALLECTION DAY BREAK! I haven't had class since thursday!

you: but what I really wanted to know is how you're dealing with Neil Patrick Harris's recent outing.
me: He's gay. He's doogie. I don't know what we're going to tell Wanda, but everything else is just fine with me. I do wonder how I didn't realize it sooner, though.

you: Probably because you don't have gaydar and never have.
me: Probably.

you: Is that why at one point in your precious life, you had kissed more gays than straights?
me: I wish it were.

you: VOTE IF YOU GOTTA
me: I fell asleep on the futon last night!!

here's a song I just got: Magnet & Steel.
Oh, oh my.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary "trash biscuit" Stephenson said...

That cake sounds freakin' amazing. Can I have some? Just a slice?
Sorry about Doogie. How did we all not realize it sooner?

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home