Friday, November 24, 2006

Ric Ocasek Is Just A Little Worried Because Lisa Turtle Sprained Her Ankle Right Before The Dance-Off

HERE FOLLOWS A LIST OF CARS SONGS AND WHAT I THINK OF THEM:
(ps the internet unexpectedly quit before I posted this the first time, so you're looking at a second, less awesome version)

i) "My Best Friend's Girl" - my favorite Cars song pretty much because of the opening. And because I just found this video on youtube.

ii) "You Might Think I'm Crazy" - my second favorite Cars song because its video was one of the first videos I ever saw (the others being "November Rain" and "Mary Jane's Last Dance")

iii) "Bye Bye Love" - I don't remember what I had written about this one, but I definitely like it a lot. It shares its title with that Matthew Modine movie, which only makes me like it more.
(AND I SHOULD MENTION: the reason I didn't want to give "Grey's Anatomy" a chance at first is because of another Matthew Modine movie of the same name (the third and final Daphne Zuniga movie I can recall), which I liked very much and didn't want cheapened. Then I saw the show and changed my mind instantly.)

iv) "Just What I Needed" - good and whatever, but it's on some commercial that's been way overplayed.

v) "Let's Go" - ditto above

vi) "All Mixed Up" - the first version I heard of this was the Red House Painters cover, so it was hard for me to get used to the Cars version. Then it obviously smashed the cover's head in.

vii) "It's All I Can Do" - hated it for a while, then liked it

viii) "I'm In Touch With Your World" and "Don't Cha Stop" - haven't gotten used to these yet. Probably will like them later.

ix) "Moving In Stereo" - the first song on my "what happens when a sexy boy walks into a room" playlist (followed by "Sexy Boy" [air], "Don't Have To Be So Sad" [yo la tengo], "Venus in Furs" [velvet underground], and the foremost of all sexy-boys-walking-into-rooms songs: "When It's Over" [loverboy])

x) "You're All I've Got Tonight" - at first I was all, "where is this song even going?" Then I was all "OH MY GOD." Now I'm all "aaaahhhh 'cause you're all I got tonight!"

xi) "Drive" - I immediately hated that the Cars would have a song called "Drive," but then I started listening to it every time I drove home from babysitting. Sure, I'd cry a little. BUT DAMN IT IF I DIDN'T LEARN TO LOVE IT.

that's it. I like Ric Ocasek (and Benjamin Orr, Elliot Easton, Greg Hawkes, and David Robinson). And I like my car, Gabe.

HAPPY retroactive THANKSGIVING, EVERYBODY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home