Friday, September 14, 2007

Two Things I Saw On The Sidewalk Plus A Story From My Life

Two things I saw on the sidewalk:

1) two pigeons kiss-fighting (I think one had a seed the other one wanted)
2) two geishas!!



A Story from my life:

on wednesday morning, I woke up with a beastly puffy eye upon which I blogged. Then I decided to go back to bed for another hour. As soon as I got into bed, the fire alarm started going off. Thinking brilliantly that my dorm is a fire-proof building and smelling no semblance of smoke, I locked my bedroom door (in case the firemen came) and got back into bed.
Five minutes into the alarm, someone started banging on my suite door. They got in somehow, six or seven huge-sounding men with their walkie talkies screaming, and they came up the stairs all the way up to my bedroom landing, which I share with Vishal. THEN they started jiggling my door handle and Vishal's door handle and they had keys whose jangling was giving me a heart attack.
I stayed frozen, but after like ten minutes of them hanging out near my door, I figured I should come out of my room, look sleepy, and be like "what are you guys doing here?" So I put on a robe and crept over to my door. As soon as I opened it, this dude in the hall was like, scared and whispered "don't let the lieutenant see you!" so I backtracked into my room and relocked my door. Then it turned out Vishal had also been in his room, and some of my other suitemates had just gotten back in, so they were like "what's going on?" and the firefighters and I guess a lieutenant were like "this room's smoke detector is disabled and we have to fix it." Then I waited another ten minutes, texted Vishal to see if they were gone, and came out of my room. WITH A HUGE PUFFY EYELID.

So I guess since that happened already, the chances of it happening again are tiny. Looks like I'll never leave the building during a fire alarm again! Unless the fucking gestapo tries to get me, in which case I'll just make sure I sneak out without the lieutenant seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home