Saturday, January 29, 2005

Thanks For The Candy

So here's the deal: my last entry made me think that maybe I should go ahead and make a list of pet peeves for bloggy.

Here Goes Nothing:
(Pet Peeves of Mine)

1) Party-Game Cheaters. Why cheat?! Why?! We're at a party! Stop cheating! This is for fun! Sometimes it takes work to be good at party games...but that makes it all.the.more.fun. Cheating doesn't belong at parties, unless you're at a Swinger Party I guess. And that's not really cheating. That's just giving your marriage a little breathing room.

2) Misspelling "lose." I don't know...people use "loose" when they mean "lose" and that gets my goat a little. Not much. Meh.

3) Not Having Water At Restaurants. This scenario reminds me of how haughty all waiters are, how uncomfortable I feel asking for things, and how vital water is to living. So thirsty...

4) Nosiness. Few things annoy me on contact, but when someone sticks his dumb face into my conversation, I want to punch that face until the nose bleeds out. Just punch punch punch until he goes somewhere else. Unless that person is...I don't know, hot or my friend or something. Then it's fine.

5) People Thinking I'm Pissed At Them When I'm Not. This is just annoying, and it's usually pretty hard to iron out.

6) Pouncy Cats. I hate it when those little cats are spring-loaded and they jump at you with their little claws and teeth. Where am I, a stinking jungle, full of dangerous jungle cats?! That's so weird, because I thought I was in suburban Atlanta. That's so weird that I just got attacked by a freaking panther. No, yeah your cat is really cute. That's great. Well, I gotta go. Just remembered that I have this...thing. Say, before I leave, I don't suppose there's any way you can help me get this cat off my face, is there? That'd be great.

7) Slow People Walking Right In Front Of Me. Self-Explanatory.

8) Doing New Things and Meeting New People. Ha-ha-ha just kidding? I don't mind that as much as I could. Think of this as a jokey part of the list.

That's it for now because I see that this list is getting big.
I'm not really a cantankerous person. I mean, sure- I pull cigarettes out of people's mouths, and yeah- maybe I do make remarks about being seated in the "Crying Baby Section" of restaurants, but come on! Everyone does that! And parents like to hear about it when their babies are crying. It helps them.

Positive entries to follow!

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

Hey my i know where you got the crying baby section thing from and he's not cantankerous.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home