Monday, March 28, 2005

Look At Mother Nature On The Run In The 1970s

Today is:
rainy
and
Monday

...meaning that posting the following is imperative:

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS by The Carpenters

Talkin' to myself and feeling old.
Sometimes I'd like to quit;
Nothing ever seems to fit;
Hangin' around, nothing to do but frown;
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

What I've got they used to call the blues:
Nothin' is really wrong;
Feelin' like I don't belong;
Walkin' around, some kind of lonely clown;
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

Funny, but it seems that I always wind up-a here with you;
Nice to know somebody loves me
Funny, but it seems that it's the only thing to do:
Run and find the one who loves me.

What I feel is come and gone before:
No need to talk it out; (talk it out)
We know what it's all about.
Hangin' around, nothing to do but frown;
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down


Oh MAN here's why I love the Carpenters:
For some reason, I can only sing well when I sing along with Karen Carpenter. Ask Katherine - she'll be the first to tell you.

You: Man, Becky never sings well. It's disgusting.
Katherine: No wait - before you judge - you should hear her sing along to "We've Only Just Begun." I have, and I feel okay about it.
You: It's worth a shot, I guess.
Becky: singing sweetly We've only just beguuuun to liiiiiiive....white lace and promises, a kiss for luck and we're on our way...

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

hahaha yes i will vouch for becky's abilities to sing with karen carpenter. she's got the skills to pay the bills.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home