Friday, May 13, 2005

Her Beauty Touches Everything

Here's something that has never happened to me:

I get off the plane in Atlanta, go through the terminals, and take the long escalator up to Baggage Claim only to see somebody waiting for me at the top of the escalator bank!

There's something so good about waiting for somebody at an airport. And it always takes the traveler by surprise. Here are things I think about when I think about waiting for somebody to get off a plane:

1) The time we landed in Italy and I was trying to find our bags - I heard somebody yell "Beckela! Beckela!" and turned and saw that it was Aunt Carolyn. Then she helped me get the bags.
2) I'm reluctant to mention it because I feel like it gives the entry a derivative feeling, but it DOES come to mind, so here you go: Love, Actually.
3) That "Full House" when DJ gets off the plane from being in Spain and all the Tanners (plus one Gladstone) see her making out with Steve.
4) The time Katherine came to New York
5) How pissed I am that so many airports won't let you wait at the gate anymore - instead, you have to wait at Baggage Claim or Security or wherever, and the traveler usually doesn't find you at all and the whole thing gets ruined.

Saturday, 6:30-6:45ish. I'll be walking off a plane at Hartsfield. Where will you be?

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

pause

selling knives bitch.

but i agree and if I weren't selling knives then I would definatly go down to the airport and act like i liked you. hahaha?

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home