Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Do Yourself A Favor And Listen To "The Munsters" Theme Song

When you were little, did you guys assign genders to letters of the alphabet? I was just singing along to the "Three's Company" theme, and at the place where they're like

"where the kisses are hers and hers and his,
Three is Company, too"

I was like "hers...wait, does 'her' mean boy or girl?" I had heard the "r" in "hers" and assumed it was masculine - then my childhood fallacy came flooding back to me.

Here were the letters I particularly felt were boyish:
R
T
Z
W
S
B

Girlish:
D
P
N
V
K

Androgynous:
L
J
F
H
I

I remember the day this idea was shot down. Some teacher at preschool was like "what do you mean, 'boy letters?' Letters are letters, not people." And I was like "wow. I was wrong and you were right."


AND ALSO DID I MENTION THAT I'M THROUGH WITH FINALS?!
Throw away that old situpon "Music Theory" and celebrate with me!

Songs I danced to in celebration of successful completion of freshman year:
1) "Evil" by Interpol
2) "Tenderness" by General Public
3) "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO
4) "Just the Ten of Us" theme song
5) "Perfect Strangers" theme song

then I galloped around for a while. She's a ball of energy!
She's a bullet!
She could lift a house over her head and yours!

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

1. I always felt like "b" was obtrusively feminine and "N" was completely masculine.

2. go figure.

3. Way to go.

4. I only typed way to go for number 3 because I couldn't remember how to spell congradulations

5. does mr. byrne really know the runaway bride, or did he invite her afterwards?

6. We really need to get on that buying mr. byrne a gift thing.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home