Saturday, May 14, 2005

What Is Cat Scratch Fever, And Do All Types Of Cats Carry It?

For the answer to this question, consult the May edition of Self magazine.

An account of the last 17 hours, categorized by means of location:
AT COLUMBIA:
Packed up the last of my junk
Bagel with Matt at Nussbaum
Picked up some pictures at fotorush
Said goodbye to my dorm, which was exquisitely painful because I love it so,
even now.

AT AIRPORT:
Purchased Self, Allure, and Lucky magazines at Hudson News
Purchased a cheese/nut/apricot thing from the Au Bon Pain kiosk (soooo good)
Read Lucky and Self magazines
...For 4 hours

IN AIRPLANE:
Sat with legs uncomfortably stacked atop all my carry-on luggage
Read some of You Shall Know Our Velocity!
Read Allure magazine
Slept for ten minutes
Looked at this little baby boy who was two seats over from me in his mom's lap - he was hilarious! He kept being all like "look I have big eyes! Let me touch your magazine! Let me touch your face! We are all so happy!" And he smiled at me a few times.
Ate cheese/nut/apricot guy

AT SECOND AIRPORT:
Retrieved bags through a long and tedious and heavy process
(one which I will never willingly think of again)
Somehow got on Marta

ON MARTA:
Took up three seats with all my crap
Missed 7 calls from my mother because of that devil iPod
Sighed a lot

IN MOM'S CAR ON THE WAY HOME FROM MARTA:
Looked out windows in disbelief
Cried some (it's been a long day)
Got a little bit of chicken salad from Chik-fil-a, which started to almost make me begin to feel better

AT HOUSE:
Beckoned Sparkey to greet me
Watched Sparkey run straight past me three times in a row
Got out my laptop
Called Grandma Bobbie to let her know I got in safely
Talked to some people online
Blogged

...and it STARTS all OVER aGAIN!
That's from Stella; it's not truly how I feel.


Here's my favorite thing that Alison said this semester:
Right after the Lit Hum final, we were talking about how to spell "Boccaccio" and Alison was like "I should have just written all b's and c's and been like 'Bitch, spelling don't count!'"

Oh Lordy,
first entry from Atlanta epoch DOWN.

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

I can't wait to hang out with you! Which probably means I should call you. I don't know. Recently I've gotten sick of calling people. Rainy Sunday?

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home