Saturday, August 27, 2005

Uncle Buck, I Love You So

But why?

WHY?!
Why do I love Uncle Buck so?

Let me tell you just a few of the things I love in this movie:

1) little baby macaulay culkin little baby macaulay culkin little baby macaulay culkin little baby macaulay culkin little baby macaulay culkin

2) that part where tia drinks coffee and she tells uncle buck "I'm not doing it to impress you"

3) all the little-kid cursing in the first scene

4) when little baby macaulay culkin comes into the kitchen (after the coffee thing) and sees uncle buck cooking an omelette and says "he's cooking our garbage!"

5) that bowling alley scene where the greasy toothpick-in-mouth guy tries to get tia to come out to the parking lot to see his brand-new bronco (red), and then tia whispers "I can't talk...I have a sore throat" and he's like "I got a cure for that." GROSS

6) that bowling alley scene when Maisy rolls the bowling ball so slowly that it stops rolling one inch before the pins

7) how nice it is when tia stops being a bitch at the end of the movie

8) tia's mom's face when they're hugging at the end because tia has stopped being a superbitch

9) the part when uncle buck ties up Bug and puts him in the trunk and then hits golf balls at him

10) amy madigan amy madigan AMY MADIGAN amy madigan!

11) when little baby macaulay culkin asks tia if she's looking out the window because she's "waiting for her sex"


I mean, I could go on. Shall I go on?

No?

I miss John Candy so much. John Candy would want me to continue the list.

12) when uncle buck tells off the moley vice principal and accidentally calls himself "uncle wart...I mean melanoma head"

13) HOLY CRAP, THE GIANT BREAKFAST!

14) Maisy's teacher: Why was your uncle microwaving your socks?
Maisy: He couldn't get the goddamn washing machine to work.
Maisy's teacher: BLASPHEMER!!

that's all I can say right now. I wish I were watching Uncle Buck right now.
OH WAIT I AM.

PS can somebody please find my car a catalytic converter so the repairs can be made in a more timely fashion? Seriously, I've been without Mr. Kotter for two days now and I'm not happy. I miss Gabe and I'd bet a hundred dollars that he misses me even more. I miss you, Gabe. How many paint-by-numberses can I do this weekend while I'm stuck at home without a car?!

4 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

Man I love Uncle Buck too, maybe I'll watch it today. you could call me, I could pick you up. Maude still works for a living.

11:24 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

i haven't seen Uncle Buck, but now i want to. maybe your one purpose in life was to convince me to watch Uncle Buck and maybe my one purpose in life was to help fulfill your purpose. maybe. maybe not. probably not.

3:12 PM  
Blogger cal cal said...

Ah, what a classic.

Well I added you as a link on my blog, so I guess I will be reading up on ya from now on. Bwha ha ha...

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UB rocks!!

I love when that lil Mculikin answers the phone and asks his mother "how's it going chickie baby"

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home