Thursday, March 23, 2006

Pretend This Is A Quotation From Some Book

-a makeshift ruler made out of computer paper with red pen markings at every inch
-a notepad stapled up
-a list of famous people/people of interest and their addresses, as found in the yellow pages at Grandma Bobbie's
-a belle and sebastian Jet Tours luggage tag
-the 7 wonders of the ancient world
-a card that has a black and white picture of a horse and a little boy standing on one of the stirrups and only barely reaching the saddle with the top of his tiny cowboy hat
-a newspaper clipping that says
"INTERESTED IN A BRAIN imaging Study? If you are female, 18-30, overweight and experience overeating, you may qualify for a risk free fMRI...There is a $50 compensation and a free meal"
-my three pin-clips from the Met that prove you have a ticket and thus a right to be there
-the cover of a book of stamps that has a drawing of an egret on it
-a wrench
-a magazine clipping about conan and his then-pregnant wife
-my "outatime" personalized novelty license plate from universal studios back the future ride, which was MISERABLE but made me love the movie even more
-an assortment of photographs
-five fortune cookie fortunes that I liked
-the poster plan I made on the back of a valentine envelope the summer before college (it's post-modern art now)
-an autographed portrait of one sir David Cross, as gifted me by Katherine
-a picture of a baby in a pumpkin outfit, which I found on google images by searching for Lord knows what
-a list of the schnappses I've tried with a rating of "like" or "dislike" for each item
-the ticket stub from the Russia! exhibit at the Guggenheim
-a large newspaper ad for Lost
-a towel holder and towel

This is a list of the things hanging on the wall I face at my desk. Most items are stapled up, but some are put up with pushpins. Most of the pushpins started out clear, but then I colored on them when I was bored with Roseart sharpies, which have lasted unprecedentedly long for Roseart products.
oh, I forgot

-a pushpin that serves as my key-hanger.

THAT'S IT. THAT'S WHAT'S ON MY WALL.

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

you thought the back to the future ride was miserable? maybe the wait, but the rest unimaginably fun. roseart? becky, roseart?

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home