Monday, March 20, 2006

There'll Be No Strings To Bind Your Hands, Not If My Love Can't Bind Your Heart

an open letter:


Dear spring break,

I miss you so hard, baby. Why do you have to go so soon? You're always gone faster than you're here. I really hate it. I hate that you're always leaving. When you're gone, it makes me want to do things...that are wrong. Don't make me do those wrong things, spring break. It's really up to you.

I can't wait to be filled up with your babies,
Becky


-----
I'm the first to admit that over half of that is from strangers with candy. I can't help it if it's funny. All I CAN do is copy it word for word into bloggy. And slightly rearrange the words and context to suit my needs.

Here's where I've applied to intern this summer:
a) nbc universal
b) disney
c) mtv networks
d) cbs
-which effectively covers almost every television station there is-
e) stella
f) random house
g) magnolia mae films
h) krupp kommunications (I really hate the way it's spelled. So much so that I almost didn't apply, that is, until I remembered that no one wants to give me an internship anyway so I really can't be a chooser at this point)
i) Fairchild Publications

Here's who has responded to my application:
NO ONE

Here's who maybe won't have an internship this summer:
ME, AL FRANKEN
I mean
ME, BECKY

Probably al franken won't have an internship, either, but for reasons different from mine.

Today I saw Thank You For Smoking. I liked it for several reasons, but what really impressed me was that for once, Maria Bello didn't make me want to kill myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary "trash biscuit" Stephenson said...

Good luck with the interships! Does that mean you'll be spending the summer in NY?
ps-we need to formulate roadtrip plans :)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Mary "trash biscuit" Stephenson said...

hahaha I meant internship...I'm dumb

5:27 PM  
Blogger kat said...

i really want to see that so I'm excited to hear it didn't make you want to kill yourself. but i can see what you mean about maria bello.

i'm sure you'll get an internship, if nothing else mcdonalds is always offering "internships" with the "fry cooker."

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home