Thursday, May 04, 2006

I Will Never Want That Wagon-Wheel Coffee Table

I never reported on whether April 5th was important, as I had predicted it might be way back when the year began. Honestly, I don't remember what the hell I was doing on April fifth. So it was probably great. Or not. How would I know?

Varsity Show is over. Cast party last night. Show was great. Met Dennehy. Am still exhausted.

I went to NBC tonight to watch 3 pilots so that they could get some more public responses - Tina Fey has a show that's funny enough, then there was this Friday Night Lights loser show that made me fall asleep for a thousand years and wake up with a beard covered in ice, then there was this drama called "the black donnellys" which was AWESOME and had Smalls and the kid from Virgin Suicides who has my brother's exact birthday. I hope it gets picked up. I hope Tina Fey's show gets picked up, though I doubt it'll last for longer than a season. The football show can kiss my ass.

A lot of the time, I'm wondering what "flax" really is. Oh yeah, it's a grain. Thanks, wikipedia.


Here's something that happened a few years ago:

(mom, matt, and becky eat sandwiches in Atlanta Bread Company)
Matt: what kind of bread did you get, becky?
Becky: nine-grain...which is a total lie. I bet there's only like, two grains on this and their lie works like gangbusters because no one knows anything about grains.
Matt: yeah, are there even nine different grains?
Becky: I doubt-
Mom: oat, barley, rice, wheat, sorghum, millet, corn, rye, spelt, flax-
(blank stare from everyone)
...wait was that nine or ten?
Becky: (heart swells with pride for mother)

fin


and finally, what song continually played in my head today, you ask?
"Wives and lovers!"
(the one that sounds sort of like andy williams's version of "the most wonderful time of the year," only it's dionne warwick and it goes "Hey, little girl/comb your hair/fix your makeup")
I think frank sinatra does a version of it, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home