Thursday, April 13, 2006

In Four Ways Do I Find This Night Different From All Other Nights

1) we usually don't go to Great Neck
2) I usually don't talk to my cousin's hypnotist wife for forty-five minutes while my plate gets cold at the other end of the table
3) Drinking sweet grape-flavored syrup wine isn't usually enjoyed by people other than myself
4) I usually don't have a reason to wear my huge peacock-feather felt skirt

Mah nishtanah look how cute this is.
What good question did you ask in school today? That's what I'll ask my children, too, then. And then they'll look at me, punch me in the gut, and run off to watch Showtime for thirteen hours screaming "I DON'T LOVE YOU" at me every so often. My children are just BEASTLY!

You know what I had forgotten? I was really mad the other night, and I was thinking about how mad I was while I was walking somewhere, and I was having one of those imaginary conversations with the person I was mad at, when suddenly all I could think to say was to sing, "I hate you, I honestly hate you." And then I laughed a lot, by myself of course, outside of course, but it didn't matter because all I could think was
I hate you
I honestly hate youuuuuuuuu.

So that's what I'll use when I must sing the children to sleep. "Oh, you don't love me? Well I hate you. I honestly hate you."

What a horrible mother.

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

hahaha.

i love the song "I hate you" and i love imaginary conversations between myself and others.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home