Sunday, January 01, 2006

Where Has Your Love Gone? It's Not In Your Music, No

2006, why do you already hate me? I want to throw up, it would be best if I threw up, and I feel like I could throw up if you'd only let me. 2006, let me be free.

2006, I'm sorry I missed your first minute after midnight. I was talking too much and was far away from a television so I:
a) did not see how old and frail Dick Clark apparently looked
b) did not see the ball drop
c) did not see the peach drop
d) did not count down the last seconds of 2005

I regret item #d because 2005 deserved a countdown. It's giving you something to work towards, 2006.

So far, 2006, you are characterized by my hair in heidi braids, me stinking at supermario brothers 3, me bringing a trashcan with me wherever I go, mary's amazing party, a mysterious red dot on the second toe of my right foot,

-wait, I just almost threw up-

the color yellow, a Christmas tree that is still up in our foyer, and "Fountain and Fairfax" from the My So-Called Life soundtrack, which I bought for Mlle. Hannah Goldfield at a street fair last year. She let me copy it onto my computer before hiding it away in her secret John Jay 5 wall safe. I sure hope that wall safe wasn't supposed to stay a secret.

I'm impressed that you're still here and listening to all of this, 2006. What will be your most important days? I will make a list of predictions now. Only they won't be predictions so much as just days that always make me think it's someone's birthday or some important event:
31 January
5 February
23 March
5 April
20 July (I think that might've been the moon landing)
26 November

That's it.

My birthday is on a Wednesday this year. Thanks a lot, 2006. I guess at least I'll get weekday drink specials for the big two-one. At least.

There are only 9 years until 2015 now. That's the year from Back to the Future II. Did you know that already, 2006? Sorry, you're a baby so I have to assume you've never seen a lot of movies.

GOOD LUCK, EVERYBODY.
GOOD LUCK, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home