Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Inventions Remaking Leisure

It's a week after Valentine's Day and guess what, America. I wrote that paper. The Henry James one. GREAT!

It was called "Catherine Sloper Wins!" and it explains how James's ironic narration sets up subtext for Catherine Sloper's eventual triumph (which outwardly seems like spinsterhood and poverty).

Also I wrote more of my play for playwriting class. Also I started reading for my Cultural Criticism seminar, for which I need to write a courseworks post IMMEDIATELY.

How about if instead, I let you get to know me a little better? Isn't that a nicer idea? Here goes:
a) the two dvds hanging out on my desk are Moonstruck and The First Wives Club
b) I'm drinking coffee from this morning that's been sitting out on my desk all day
c) I have two wedding disposable cameras from last summer that still need to be developed.
d) I finally got "Baker Street" on my itunes!
e) you should let me write LAO on your hand
f) my miniature detective marble notebook is falling apart
g) I bought taps to screw onto my shoes from the Columbia bookstore.

You want me to read WHAT for my seminaWHAT? I have so much planning to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary "trash biscuit" Stephenson said...

Washington Square!!! When I finished that book I was really pissed off because I felt like nothing happened. However, upon re-evaluation I found it to be the funniest, most depressing, and most intersting book I've ever read. I mean at least top 5 on my list. Sweet paper. I think you're right, too.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always meant to read a Henry James' book and now it's going to happen. I love baker street. and my sleuth marble notebook fell apart too. damn planned obsolescense!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home