Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Just Call Me Angel Of Al Gorening...Right? Right?

To Catch Up:

a) the goldschlager challenge is not going well. I don't want to buy another little thing of it, so I've been rationing, and then other times I'm all "fuck it I don't want goldschlager today," which is weird, but which is something I think I should listen to myself say before I ignore it and turn into an alcoholic.

b) February 4th? Let's see, february 4th. That was the Superbowl, right? I had dinner with Ali and Grandma, and it was the first time I saw them since 2006. So that was kind of a big deal. Good call, new year's day becky!

New Year's Day Becky: Thanks. It was luck, I guess-
February 13th Becky: Take the compliment.

c) Play-a-day Challenge: here's how it went-
Jan. 7: "The Ride of your Life!" Max and Donna enjoy a ride on marta, but Max is all "seriously, are you enjoying this? because I'm having the time of my life!"
Jan. 8: "Not Not Drunk at 3am," drunk ramble
Jan. 9: "Why your hand has stopped bleeding," wherein Brad convinces Gary not to ask out his horrible ex-girlfriend, even though he's miserable.
Jan. 10: "The Harbinger," wherein a girl knocks on this guy's door pretending to be his long-lost sister, but who turns out to be a friend she made in Reno, who needs to bring news of her death to the family
Jan. 11: "Kicked in the Nuts," drunk ramble written on Varsity show's Vermont weekend
Jan. 12: "In Any Country," wherein Marguerite is silent after Juan says "could you please just forgive me?"
Jan. 13-15: "To Build a Family," wherein the son of an actress and her husband falls in love with the daughter of the actress's manager, and maybe the daughter is the product of an affair between the actress and the manager, so oh boy, I hope the main guy isn't in love with his half-sister! (he's not.)
Jan. 16: "For my First Playwriting Class," wherein two teenagers talk about a guy that died in a lab accident.
Jan. 17: "I Met the Love of my Life at TV!" Two Beauty and the Geek contestants are in love and have a love scene that was awkward to write but I figured would be a good challenge.
Jan. 18: "Why Pretend?" Two guys talk about how one of them is gay without saying it out loud.
Jan. 19: "Mom Should Know," a continuation of the idea behind the previous one, where Ivan and Harvey discuss the aftermath of Harvey's coming out.
Jan. 20: "Should've Written This While Drunk," wherein there's a drunk ramble
Jan. 21: "BOP ITâ„¢" wherein a Bop It starts making weird commands and then melts.
Jan. 22: "I Can't Help it that They Speak For Me," wherein this guy keeps talking in song lyrics to a girl who's clearly already mad at him. Ends with my playwriting trademark, a folding chair to the face followed by a salute.
Jan. 23: Another scene for playwriting class, where Louie hates girls like Janey that get to party at his bigshot brother's LA mansion after his brother cuts him off
Jan. 24: Unnamed scene wherein I planned a talk I had with somebody.
Jan. 25: "Bob Fosse Dancer," wherein Cherisse does a monologue about what it was like to be a Bob Fosse dancer
Jan. 26: didn't do one
Jan. 27: Marie and Horace have a discussion that's basically just whatever was going on in my head when I wrote it.
Jan. 28: Four lines of lame
Jan. 29: the two characters are named Fajita and Gray
Jan. 30: Barbara and Galors talk about how neither knows the way to San Jose.
Jan. 31: apparently didn't do one

So at the end of the month, I skipped two days and just basically pooped out horrible miniature scenes when I did write. Sorry!

WHAT'S MORE:
d) This wedding workout is making me so fit for my eventual wedding!

e) I wrote a play with Josh Breslow for latenite

f) I made a playlist called "today I met the boy I'm gonna marry" and it's got all the best songs I can imagine for this sort of thing (id est "and then he kissed me," "Today I met the boy I'm gonna marry," "he's a rebel," "the leader of the pack," "I only want to be with you," "angel of the morning," "downtown," and "baby, I love you"). Good, right? I'd listen to it.

g) FINALLY, an announcement:

If you're in new york, won't you please consider coming to the Varsity Show's West End Preview this saturday at 9 or 11 pm?

It's at Havana Central (at the West End), and it's got songs and scenes and some cuban food. Here's our publicity picture:

SO THINK ABOUT COMING, MAYBE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home