Thursday, January 10, 2008

Les Enfants

whatever happened to those x-rays where you could stand behind a thing and then see inside yourself?

Weird dreams I keep having:

-I'm a soldier in Vietnam and I keep crying because I don't want to kill anyone when it comes down to it, and then some old Vietnamese sage is like "then maybe you should let yourself be killed. Take the warrior stance, then don't shoot."

-I'm swinging on something and suddenly my legs run into a very hard door and my shins crack apart.

-it's like I Am Legend but there are more normal people still living. I'm at a family party, and suddenly we have to lock up or the zombies will attack our house. A huge group of zombies from Portland or Seattle comes to our house and is like "why is your main guy bombing us?" and it turns out we live with Will Smith, and he's trying to fix his mistake by bombing zombie communities in the pacific northwest. We convince the zombies not to attack us, and then during the day it turns out they're just normal people. So someone from our group falls in love with one of the zombies, and the main zombie (Professor Jeremiah Lasky from saved by the bell the college years) and I get into a very candid talk and end up basically solving our problems (which is great because of the new lovers), but then it's nighttime and we have to lock ourselves inside without the portland zombies.
THEN someone in our party is like "there's a zombie in the house!!" and we're all looking in closets for it when someone knocks at the door. It's some non-zombie girl who's carrying a pizza box. Will Smith is like "to see if she's a zombie, we'll ask her to drop the pizza box, since zombies can't move their hands very quickly." She drops the pizza box, but underneath it turns out she has a rifle and she holds us all hostage to rob us. It takes all night, since there are a lot of us, and I eventually escape to get the cops, but there aren't any cops left, and then I'm on columbia campus and I have to run to beat sunset.

-there's a snowman competition and one of my teammates takes a photo booth picture with our snowman without me.

-I keep hemming some dress, but I'm doing it really stupidly.


What's crazy about these dreams it that they're all bad. Bad dreams. None of them were really nightmares, but come on. That zombie one lasted for hours!

Right now I'm in the middle of watching Amelie for the first time ever. I'm at the part where she just decided to set up the asshole regular with the hypochondriac who sells cigarettes there. I like this so far. It walks the fine line between quirky and annoying, but manages never to really put an entire foot on annoying. WE'LL HAVE TO WATCH THE REST AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Welcome to your worst nightmare, colin! I'd recommend reading some of the way way early ones. They're very innovative. These recent ones are like blah blah tv tv blah.

Amelie is only one year older than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home