Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Girl, I Heard You're Getting Married - This Time You're Really Sure?

What follows is a list of the most current songs I've added to my iTunes...and my thoughts on each:

1) "The Worst That Could Happen" Brooklyn Bridge - I heart this song because it makes me sing (over and over in a sad voice) "never never never never gonna get married...."
2) "Waiting for Somebody" Paul Westerberg - this is the song that plays in Singles. It's good and singable and I listen to it a lot. Surprisingly, it's not Pearl Jam.
3) "Have a Little Faith In Me" John Hiatt - I figure that I sing this song enough to defend myself when my mom yells at me...I might as well just add it to the list.
4) "Kyrie" Mr. Mister - excellent song
5) "We've Got Tonight" Bob Seger - once I got #3, I was on a roll, I guess. A depressing, middle-aged-male-bearded-singers roll.
6) "At Seventeen" Janis Ian - I couldn't believe this wasn't on the playlist before. Ahhhh memories of turning 17 and receiving more than one birthday card with these lyrics on it. Why am I the way I am?
7) "Don't Sleep In The Subway" Petula Clark - makes me happy.
8) "I Only Want to Be With You" Dusty Springfield - I like Dusty and she's my role model. At least she would have been if I were a few decades older.
9) "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" Dusty (again) - I just said... I like Dusty.

there are some more, but this is getting boring for me. I think I'll listen to the Singles song. Becky Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home