Monday, January 31, 2005

Dream/Song

First, the dream:
last night, right before I woke up, I dreamt that I was under some kind of self-imposed house arrest and since I hadn't found a husband by my self-imposed deadline, I was going to be forced to marry this old skeevy elementary school music teacher who had disgusting plans to marry me from the time I was in fourth grade. The whole thing smacked of an Ever After subplot. So he was outside all night, licking his lips and rubbing his hands and calling out to my window "I can't wait for tomorrow, my darling!" And I was really restless and was wearing this tweed skirt that pleases me.

During the last few minutes before sunrise, I realized that the marriage deadline was up to me and I didn't have to get married that day! So I found this lopsided matching tweed blazer and struggled to put it on (its lopsidedness made it a complicated task) and sprinted through the house, trying to figure out how I could sneak past my gross old suitor. Then I woke up.

I was so relieved right before I woke up, which is strange because I'm usually relieved right after I wake up after dreams like that.


Second, the song:
boy is it great to have "Danny's Song" stuck in your head all day. I'm not joking. It really is superb, and it makes me laugh every single time I hear the line that goes "we've just begun, I think I'm gonna have a son." Maybe they should have considered a collaboration with Paul Anka...

Why don't I just post the lyrics:

People smile and tell me I'm the lucky one
And we've just begun, I think I'm gonna have a son
He will be like you and me, as free as a dove
Conceived in love, the sun is gonna shine above

CHORUS
And even though we ain't got money
I'm so in love with ya honey
Everything bring a chain of lo-o-o-o-ve
And in the mornin' when I rise
Bring a tear of joy to my eyes
And tell me everything's gonna be all right

Love a guy who holds the world in a paper cup
Drink it up, love him and he'll bring you luck
And if you find he helps your mind, better take him home
Yeah and dontcha live alone, try to earn what lovers own

CHORUS

This is the version with Anne Murray, not Kenny Loggins.
Just so you know.
FYI
Shazaam!!

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

beckay-
i totally just downloaded that song. i am listening to it now. it is so very enjoyable. thanks.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home