Sunday, January 09, 2005

Hello, The New Us!

You've all been waiting for it...and here it is! Round Two of my most recently downloaded songs on iTunes (and thoughts on each):

1)"Kentucky Rain" by Elvis - I knew something was missing from my library! Certain Elvis songs are adored by me.
2)"Tell Her No" by the Zombies - yeah yeah, oldies turn me off. Except when I actually listen to them. Then I like them a lot. Especially this song. "Tell her no no no no no-no-no-no!" I like the Zombies.
3)"This Guy's In Love With You" by Herb Alpert - ahhhhhh this. is. the. GREATEST. song. of. all. time. I would play this song over and over if my life had loudspeakers or some other soundtrack-playing device. Similar to "riding on the bus" music. But it would be this song ALWAYS.
4)"You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" by both the Beatles and Pearl Jam - I enjoy both versions. Very much.
5)"A Well Respected Man" by the Kinks - more golden oldies!! Man that term really does make me throw up. Like its stupid cousin, "brainstorming." Yet my love of the Kinks prevails...again.
6)"Give It To Me Baby" by Rick James - I always guessed this song was about marital love. And an incorrigible husband. Oh Rick, you crazy, incorrigible man!
7)"Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones - I think I wrote about this one a little while ago. About how it is pretty but sad and how there's never that great a time to listen to it. Except there was this one time that was perfect - I was driving in the early early morning to...some event?...and it came on the radio and everything was perfect.
8)"Let's Move To The Country" by (smog) - I need more quality (smog). Please post suggestions in the comments area. Please!
9)"What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers - one time Robbie Patterson wore a Doobie Brothers shirt to school (on a Jeans Day of course) and some teacher was like "doobies!! oh my!" and he thought that was funny so he told everybody. Ahhh, censorship.
10)The "Kate & Allie" theme song - at first it was slow and nondescript (and thus quite depressing), but now I need it. I need it like oxygen or clothings!

We know the mistakes we make.

People don't sigh enough. Or maybe I'm not noticing it enough. Sighs are amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger the_invisible_hand said...

i have had this idea for a while that we should acually have a soundtrack to our live. like we should carry around a little tape player wherrever we go, and play songs according to our mood/situation/fabulosity when we enter a room. it would totally go along with our maverick edge, cuz peeps would be like, "who the heck does that?!?" and we'd be like, "no-one,... except for us rebels that is!!!!!!"
indeed,
~josh

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"cold blooded old times" - smog
love it.
-travis

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home