Monday, February 28, 2005

What A Strange Thing To Say As You Pass Me On Your Way Out

“Mercifully, most animals would have fallen unconscious as the temperatures rose and never felt the fire bursting out in the bushes and trees around them.”
David A. Kring and Daniel D. Durda, “The Day the World Burned.” Scientific American 2003.

We'll Say Something New! Something New!

It's snowing again and March is nearly upon us.
I miss you already, February. I always have a place for you because you're the shortest and therefore most endearing month. I don't care that you usually bring me bone-crushingly cold weather and that farce we call "Valentine's Day." I don't love you because I overlook these grievances - I love you because of them. I can go inside when it's cold, and I can shit on Valentine's Day if I feel like it, all the while knowing that you are always February and sometimes you grace me with an extra day. February, you're my friend. February, you're the best month I know. Are you friends with May? I always thought that was a good month, too. Sometimes do you get to hang out with November and December? They seem av.

H. Jon Benjamin = human version

I'm Boots. I just shot you.

av = genuinely cool
n'av = not cool at all; toolish.
Inspired by Avril Lavigne's persona. Oddly enough, Avril herself is n'av. It's funny how things work out.

Listen to the Concretes and sleep through Lit Hum! Do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home