Thursday, March 31, 2005

Turn Away, Turn Away From Me, From Me

Oh Lordy what a day

1) Wake up for Dave & Dave with Hector and Grace - always a thrill to contact real celebrities over the WBAR instant messenger service. It truly, truly, actually is.

2) Reluctantly leave halfway through show for Lit Hum

3) Two...hours...long...but we talked about Pride & Prejudice, which was fun...nish

4) One long hour and 15 regular minutes of Frontiers of Science section

5) Now I understand how Dr. Kevorkian's death machine worked

6) Thanks, Frontiers!

7) And thanks, action potential caused by ion gradients, for letting me live.

8) lunch - garden burger with meat chili on it. What a balance...of the palate

9) Italian fun as always...came down with some serious spring fever right in the middle of it, though. I "davvero"ed like everything that was said. Davvero.

10) Episode of Home Movies with Donald

11) Played catch with Joe! A beautiful day outside called for my beautiful nation's favorite pastime, and who was I to resist?

12) Middle of game of catch - curious, this left index finger feels a little throbby. Better just pull off this mitt and- WHOA OH MY GOD MY FINGER LOOKS LIKE A PULSATING, BLUE-VIOLET GUMBALL Somebody get me to health services!

13) Joe feels bad temporarily

14) I spend a little time with the doctors in health services...temperature: 98.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Blood pressure: 120/70. Pulse: 74 bpm. Finger: swollen and gross. Flexors: still attached! This is amazing because if they had come unnattached, I'd have to get finger surgery to reattach them. Thanks, Dr. O'Brien, for the awesome news!

15) Hey...O'Brien...happy fortune, you've pulled another one on me!

16) Ice the finger for rest of day

17) Help Tess do a crossword puzzle on her computer

18) Eat food with Hannah and Vishal and Shoshana while icing finger in dining hall

19) Hannah and I retreat to my room to watch some (many) Prangstgrup videos.

20) Oh man they are GOOD.

21) 7-8pm lost hour

22) Varsity Show rehearsal all the live-long night. As long as the night is gay...

23) Songs I listen to on my iPod as I walk over:
a) Say Something New CONCRETES
b) You Can't Hurry Love CONCRETES
c) What a Fool Believes DOOBIE BROTHERS
d) When It's Over LOVERBOY

24) Songs I listen to while at rehearsal:
NONE. That would be unprofessional

25) Oh wait! I remember what I did between prangstgrup and rehearsal - listened to Eugene's Crazy New Cinematic Soundtrack Project on WBAR. And I IMed him using the WBAR instant messenger thingie as well. Today was a big day for open communication with radio DJs. A Successful Venture, Indeed.

26) Twenty-six items on this list already? I said it before and I'll say it again - this has been a big day.

27) I should be tuckered out. But I'm not

28) Then at rehearsal, Pat tried to show the ladies how to block this really sexually charged scene, and, as I review the situation in my mind, I'm wondering if I made everyone feel weird by watching them so intently. I'd apologize, but I really can't control where my eyes go. And what else is a stage manager there for, if not to watch steamy love scenes unfold through the magic of theatre?

29) This whole eye-wandering thing was mostly a problem in high school, when PDA first got to be soooo huge. My eyes just sort of rested on things all the time...and they usually happened to be people making out. And then the people would usually stop making out to look at me. And then my brain would be like, "well fuck this, you stupid eyes. I'm out of here. footsteps, car door slam, squealing tires, etc." And then by that time, I'd be like shrugging or something, blabbering about how I wasn't a pervert or anything.

30) Thirty is a good place to stop. Just like with aging. And episodes of Strangers With Candy to watch in one day.

30)b) haha the joke in that one is that SWC only had three seasons, each made of 10 episodes. Unless I repeated some, I could ONLY watch thirty! HA!

30)c) Well I'll see you guys later.

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

oh my-- i just now read this post. quite intense. how's the finger? which hand was it? which finger? I guess I could just go and look, which i probably will do, but whatever. check ya later, check ya later.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home