Friday, April 22, 2005

This Time, There's No Stopping Us!

Give us any chance: we'll take it!
Read us any rule: we'll break it!
We're gonna make our dreams come true-
Doin' it our way!

...And we'll do it our way, yes our way!
Make all our dreeeeaaaams come true!

(Intermission)

An Open Letter to Nature Valley Granola Bars:

Dear Nature Valley Granola Bars,
As I walked out of the ladies' bathroom this evening, I saw an empty box of you in a trash can. Your box's exposed side displayed a new flavor - "Sweet and Salty Nuts." I was astonished! Six (or seven) double-takes don't lie.
I'm writing this letter to congratulate you on this new frontier of advertisement. May the "Sweet and Salty Nuts" marketing campaign last forever! Please send a free box to me at my house.

Love,

(scribble scribble big signature)

Rebecca Abrams

P.S. Are you friends with Goya Cock-Flavored Soup?

(Second Intermission)

Here's a show you guys might not have thought about in a while: BLOSSOM.
Here's who starred in both "Blossom" AND "Soap": Ted Wass.

Here's a show that has nothing to do with Ted Wass or "Blossom": MYOB
It starred Lauren Graham and Katharine Towne.
It ran on NBC for not very long.
It was a real stinker, if memory serves.

(Third Intermission)

Books I Hope To Read Over The Summer:
1) On the Beach - Nevil Shute (a few people try to deal with their post-apolcalyptic world (nuclear war, what else?) as they see the end of humanity coming in about a year)
2) Breakfast of Champions - Vonnegut (don't really know what it's about, but that's how I went into Cat's Cradle and Slaughterhouse Five, so I'm not worried)
3) The French Lieutenant's Woman - John Fowles (a very young Meryl Streep is in the movie, which I'd like to see BUT before I do that, I'd like to read the book so I understand the plot, which I anticipate to be confusing)
4) Hitchhiker's Guide - Douglas Adams (I might as well)

Why thank you, Brett! You've filled out quite nicely, too!

3 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

god i love the theme song to laverne and shirley. And sometimes that fact tricks me into believing I love to watch laverne and shirley when in reality I'm only luke warm on watching laverne and shirley and I will NOT watch those freaking California years after Shirley left.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm....sweet and salty nut so good....

10:56 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

thank the Lord, earlier the comment thing was down. i wanted to let you know that i di enjoy the dialogue bewteen you and your stomach. i too would think i should make a list of books i will read. i will read all of them in the Barnes and Noble cafe in which you work. when do you come home?

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home