Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Story From Astoria

Books I'm Reading and My Thoughts on Each:

...wait, am I reading any books? I'm supposed to read Rousseau's Discourse on Inequality, two chapters of Michael Wood's America in the Movies called "The Price of Imagery" and "America First," a worksheet for Italian called "Nomi geografici," and Jeffrey Eugenides' Middlesex (though that one isn't for class).

But I mean, I'm not really reading any of them.

So in that case, there will be no thoughts on the books.

There will, however, be this fact:
last night I went to Queens for a party.
why why why I will never know why

I brought cousin Ali along. I just typed "we had a blast" and then deleted it because I don't want that kind of language associated with becklectic. It was fun, though. They have a lot of dunkin donuts in Queens (of which we did not partake).

I could use a nap, but then how would all the Rousseau get read? I'll have Walt do it.

and BY THE WAY, might I add that Walt continues to grow and astound me these days? Who knew that a little tiny jade plant could make this heart so big? Who knew? My heart didn't, that's for sure. For Walt's birthday I'm going to re-pot him. I think he'll like it a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home