Thursday, January 19, 2006

We Can Alter The Spicy To Suit Your Taste

FIRST:
what an uneventful week it hasn't been!

B:
Horace says "uti ridentibus arrident, ita flentibus adflent," which means "as men's faces smile with those who smile, so they weep with those who weep," which is totally untrue. Because guess what, ladies: I only laugh at misfortune or pain. Remember when I saw a guy trip on a banana peel in real life last year? Sorry, Hor-ass. Did it hurt much? When I set your thesis's tiny feet in concrete and threw it into the stormy blue sea? Because it felt REAL good to me.

thirdly:
If I've waited this long to do a post that turns out to be all about Horace (as quoted in my Hume book), maybe I should just quit. Yeah, that's looking like the only way. I quit. This is the end.

...

psyyyeeeeyych!

which brings me to my sixth and final point:
we're bringing back "psych."
spread it around! ASAP!

What if I got a job as an Italian tutor?
What if I skipped the Center for Career Education power half-hour on writing resumes and cover letters today in favor of watching Mark Krotov eat tofu soup? Then it would be totally worth it.
Especially since I fully roundhouse kicked his stomach right after and made him throw it all up.
Here's what he said right before he vomited:
"Beck, get a-get a plate!"
and right before that, he said:
"Well if you really want some tofu soup, somebody's gonna have to barf it all up."
and right after that, I did the roundhouse kick.

I'll admit, in that case I altered the spicy to suit my taste.

Ultimate Item:
we watched the 1932 Scarface in film today and never have I been more amazed at how someone can be such a perfect hybrid of Moe Szyslak and Brad Pitt. NEVER.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa, becky. it's "sike." get with the PROGRAM!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home