Thursday, June 08, 2006

Third Of Three

Amy Sedaris.
Paul Dinello.
Me.

Not only did I go to the apple store in soho to hear some guy interview Amy Sedaris and Paul Dinello,
Not only did I sit thirty feet away from said Sedaris and Dinello,
Not only did they make me laugh,
and Not only did they show three clips from Strangers with Candy: The Movie,

But also, I met Amy Sedaris.

So I got that going for me, which is nice. She was hyperer than that hyper-hypo kid Mike Myers used to play on snl. She was as short as me! She was wearing a red sweatshirt like me! But when I waited so patiently to say hello to her, I don't think she liked me very much. Maybe she didn't know I started the Strangers With Candy facebook group for columbia. Maybe she didn't notice that I WASN'T one of the assholes who laughed extra-loud so she'd know when something was soooo funny. Maybe she sensed Paul Dinello's sadness that no one really wanted to meet him after a while.

Look, I'll never know. And neither will you.
So let's just forget about all of this, except for the fact that we met. And our meeting was fate.

I've met Amy Sedaris.

-this was Thursday-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home