Friday, March 04, 2005

Thanks, Revlon! or, I've Known All Along You Couldn't Live Forever In-Between

I just made $30 - count em - $30 for participating in a Revlon Corporation video shoot. Six or seven of us went down to Times Square, where we one-by-one stood in front of a camera on the sidewalk and repeated whatever the guy to the side told us.

(the video is for a Revlon convention in Toronto, so the video is made of Canadian/American stereotypes followed by a universal love of Revlon)

Here's how it went:
Guy To The Side: Canada? Sure, Canada's ok.
Me: CANADA? sip some coffee Sure...Canada's okay!
GTTS: Igloos...don't they live in igloos?
Me: IGLOOS!! DON'T they live in IGLOOS?!
GTTS: Revlon? Yeah, I've heard of Revlon.
Me: RevLON? Yes, I've heard of REVLON.coffee sip
GTTS: Maybel-whaaa?
Me: MAYBEL-WHAAA?
GTTS: Cover Girl's for amateurs.
Me: COVER girl is for AMATEURS.
GTTS: then you should say something like "goodbye, see you back in the United States of America!"
Me: Goodbye! See you back in the U.S. of A! that's right, I said U.S. of A.
GTTS: then walk away and wave to us
Me: walks away, turns around, and waves to camera
GTTS: Thanks! Here's $30.
Me: Thank YOU.

fin

Cha-ching! Remind me to do corporate videos whenever I get the chance! What an easy $30.

Interesting side-note:
right after the shoot, I called my brother, whose apartment is like three blocks away from where I was. Maybe we could hang out, you know? But it turns out he had gone to the movies...right in Times Square! So I went into one of the movie theatres hoping I could at least say hello to him, but he was already inside the blah blah blah this isn't interesting anymore. So long story short: I was fifty yards away from my brother but never saw/talked face-to-face with him. And I made $30.

PS Still sick.
PPS I never realized that cough drops help when you actually have a cough. Seriously guys - my throat has been killing me and, as luck would have it, these cough drops I purchased are really helping out. Thanks, cough drops. Thank you.

And thanks, Brooklyn Bridge, for recording this song we call "Worst That Could Happen," which I am currently listening to and enjoying.
(Maaaaybe if he loves you more than me, maybe it's the best thing, maybe it's the best thing for you - but it's the worst that could happen...tooooooo me)

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

hey becky! more details on the lj . . . i need to go to bed because i'm getting up in 2 and a half hours . . . call my cell!
~annie

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home